Join Our Team
Connecticut CASA is always seeking volunteers.
We are also now hiring--a paid Volunteer Coordinator--to keep pace with growth in the number of volunteers and children served.
We recruit, train, and support caring, consistent volunteer court-appointed special advocates for children who have experienced abuse or neglect.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR: Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and train volunteers; screen and match them with children/families.
- Supervise, consult and assist CASA volunteers in the preparation of cases/reports for court and in volunteers’ provision of ongoing advocacy services.
- Assure reports prepared by CASA volunteers are reviewed, professionally written, and delivered (within the prescribed time) to all relevant parties.
- Act as a liaison with court and DCF staff, attorneys, and others in child welfare system.
- Assure proper maintenance/security of confidential case files and reports.
- Enter volunteer, children, and court information into database; assist with surveys. Have accurate data ready for—and generate--monthly, quarterly, and other periodic reports.
- Make at least monthly personal contact with each assigned volunteer, or more often as needed by a volunteer/case; demonstrate interpersonal skills and understanding.
- Periodically assess, recognize/appreciate, and retain volunteers.
- Assist with preparation of and participation in special events, for volunteer recognition, fundraising and other development activities as needed to represent the program.
- Assist in organizing, facilitating and conducting pre-service and continuing education and materials for volunteers, and volunteer appreciation events.
- Ensure National CASA/GAL and Connecticut CASA standards/statutes are met.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned.
Qualifications of Volunteer Coordinator position:
- Computing proficiency; attention to detail and confidentiality; writing/editing ability.
- Experience in child welfare, court, education and/or supervision of volunteers preferred.
- Spanish language fluency preferred. Bachelor’s degree preferred; law/social work a plus.
Conditions of Employment:
- Full-time, at-will position (40 hours/5 days/week) with vacation/holidays after 90 days.
- Flexible schedule includes regular office hours—often on a remote basis—and periodic evening work (to accommodate volunteers during training sessions).
- Must have transportation to attend meetings, court, and represent CASA at other functions as needed.
See this job posting on LinkedIn.
Connecticut CASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, actively encouraging applicants of all backgrounds.